Sunday, April 15, 2007

LIFE/MIKEY: A New Beginning

Daddy Dan Blog is a new beginning for my former blog, “Much Ado About Mikey.” The topic will be the same: being a daddy to Mikey and life in general as a parent, but with some added challenges. A couple of those challenges are the reason why I stopped updating Much Ado About Mikey (the posts from that blog are still online and I've also posted them in the archive for this blog). One of them I probably won't discuss in detail; the other one is the fact that Mikey was diagnosed with autism a few months ago.

Mikey's autism will be a frequent topic or inspiration for my posts on Daddy Dan Blog. It was a shocking diagnosis for my wife and I and it took us some time to grasp the significance and how our lives were changed. Mikey is doing very well with his therapy and we are very fortunate that he is getting some of the best care he can get. His teachers are very devoted and they love him and because of that we love them very much.

So, my plan and my promise is to write often and be as informative, entertaining, and honest as I can be. Thanks for reading!

--Daddy Dan

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics