Wednesday, December 12, 2007

OPINION: Opinions Are Like Smiles: Everyone Has One and They Should Be Shared Often

My posts on Daddy Dan Blog, so far, have all been relatively harmless
and mostly free from much that one would want to argue about or get
angry from. I think, originally, that was my intent. But that's not
fair to me or you because I have a lot to say, a lot of opinions, and
much of it is from experience or education and some is from instinct
or emotion.

I won't be holding back in the coming posts because one of my
purposes in writing was not only to be able to express myself and
what it's like to be a daddy and raise an autistic toddler, but I
also feel it's a responsibility to change the world, if possible, for
the better for my son's future. I'm not being so bold to believe that
my blog posts can change the world but words do change things and
people reading and sharing what they read do change things. So, you
never know.

I've always been a shy person and writing was the best way for me to
express myself. There were far too many times when I was younger that
a good idea or intelligent comment I had didn't get heard. I don't
let that happen as much anymore because the world doesn't wait for
you to be loud enough for it. I feel like being loud now. LOUD!

So, if you read something in future posts that really gets to you in
some way (agreement, disagreement, anger, sadness, inspiration)
please let me know and I'll do my best to address your comments.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics